Stree Kosh (Sangam Vihar)
Supported by Department of Social Welfare, Government of NCT of Delhi, this project is being implemented in the biggest migrated colony of Asia known as Sangam Vihar, and most of the residents are migrated labours (workers), facilitated with following Programme for the women & Girls of under privileged community:
- Skilled Training Programme (vocational).
- Health Activity
- Nutrition Awareness/Demonstration
- Formation & Strengthening of SHG’s) Community Information Centre.
The objective of the Programme is:
- To evolve strategies for sustainable Programme for women that is health, literacy, legal awareness and skill development.
- Greater convergence of women welfare Programme and activities facilitated by DSW Govt. of NCT of Delhi and other resources.
- Single window information and facilitation center for the community women to provided wider exposure of services available and better placement opportunity part from this GRC operational NGO’s will:-
- Promote Micro Crediting among women’s self help groups
- To identify micro Enterprises and encourage Self Help Group to Participate.
- To carryout Non-formal educational classes
- To organize legal counseling and legal awareness camps Nutrition and Health Awareness Camps.
- To carry out skill development classes
The Stree Kosh Kendra has been functioning since 2006 and 400 women and girls have been provided skill training and certificate from Jan Sikshan Sansthan, R.K.Puram, New Delhi.